Monday, December 10, 2012
How to cut weight for mma: 6 Mistakes you may be making
Say for example , you are trying to make 155 lbs but you weight 185, as your trainer I would need you to be 165 lbs a week before weigh ins or even better 10-14 days. All the weight you lose up until that point must be fat or muscle. Sorry, yeah, you will be losing alot of muscle mass.
The diet you use up until that point is very important. You must lose fat, yet A. maintain as much muscle as possible B. Maintain high energy for training C. Get the right nutrients needed to recover and keep your hormones and blood sugar balanced.
After you reach your in-range weight, it’s all water weight from there. It should be done on the last day or 2 days before weigh-in.
Let’s get to the mistakes. I’ll break it down in two categories. A. Total training camp fat loss diet and B. Fight week weight cut diet
A. Total camp diet mistakes
1. Fighters are eating way to few carbs. They are trying to go 100% paleo and there not getting enough grains after training to recover. Carbs are not bad, get that out of your head.
2. You’re eating too little protein. You guys are melting your muscle away faster than your fat.
3. You are focusing on the weight cut, (i.e. *eating very low calories), and not for performance, recovery, hormone balance.
B. Fight week mistakes
1. You continue to deprive your self of calories the last week, and most of the time you eat even less the week of the fight. WAKE UP, your not going to lose anymore weight, you’ll just lose muscle, stored energy, VO2….. It’s fight week, what you eat this week will reflect in your fight.
2. I see guys cutting water way too far out. Stop weighing your self after every workout at night and going to sleep without dinner. It’s unhealthy and embarrassing.
3. Stop starving yourself the last couple days, food weight is what it is, it’s not going to magically turn into more. If you stop eating, your body will lock up and cause you more problems getting off those last couple pounds. You can kiss those BM’s good bye too if you starve yourself.
I am a huge fan of doing research for yourself. Get out there, google, youtube, ask experts…. Don’t take my word for it or any other one person. I have found some really good resources and I’ve posted them below. Enjoy! Knowledge is power!
网上商店 Martial Arts Online Store
Ultimate Mixed Martial Arts Gym sells TWINS Equipment & fight at a very reasonable price
Top King pro MMA glove(with design) RM 250
Twins boxing glove RM 180-205
Twins Fancy glove RM 250
Double layer mouth guard RM30
7 Feet Leather Muay Thai Heavy Bag
RM 750 (Free shipping in Malaysia & Singapore)And others trainning gear!!!E-mail for more info and photo.
P/S: Paypal and Western Union are accepted, free shipping if you spend above RM1000(local)/oversea spend 500 USD get free shipping.